The project at Jordan Media City (JMC) Amman which Digital Broadcasters Vendor News wrote about earlier today is indeed a joint venture with Arab Satellite Communications organisation (Arabsat).
The JV includes building HDTV studios; the Harris Broadcast equipped Playout center for 16 TV channels ( to be increased gradually to 30 channels); a television production company capitalised at one million USD; to cooperate in providing global services for the transmission of digital TV channels to Europe, USA, South East Asia and Australia, and provide SNG mobile vehicle facilities for news and live events.
The line up of channels that JMC has contracted to transmit on Arabsat include:
* Supertech TV * Art Vision * Smartsway * Family TV * Stock TV * Sehtak * Al-Mirbad * TSN * U-Mark * Al Kamar
* Jeddah TV * Escape Music TV * Mersal * Be’aty * Ghinwa
The following channels are carried on Nilesat:
* Smatsway * Al-Diyar * Al-Hakikah * Normina * 7 Stars * Ishtar * Al-Najah * Al-Shababia * Melody Aflam * Monasabat * EIN
* ART Aflam1 * ART Aflam2 * ART Cinema * ARTEENZ * ART Tarab * ART Info * ART Hekayat * Iqraa * ART Movie World * VIP Channels * UKTV
* Sony TV * Sport 1 * Sport 2 * Sport 3 * Sport 4 * Sport 5 * Sport 6 * Sport 7 * Reality TV * NDTV * Rotana Radio
Also, JMC says on its web site that it has signed a contract with Arabsat to transmit one stream of 10 channels on C_band Digital.