Digital Content statistics Asia-Pacific
- 252.3 million mobile phones shipped in the Asia-Pacific region in 2005. Some 53.4% had camera functions. Plunging prices of such models in emerging markets has greatly promoted their adoption.
- By 2009, 67% of mobiles sold in Asia Pacific will have camera functionality. Digital cameras, including both digital still camera and video camera, will remain the most popular function of cutting- edge phones.
- Phones with music-playing capabilities accounted for 23% of phones sold; that figure is above the global average of 13.6%.
- Mobile digital broadcasting TV phones, and cellular phones with alternative wireless broadband connectivity, were introduced to early adopters in South Korea and Japan in 2005.
- By 2009, the functionality and quality of music playing on mobile phones will be greatly enhanced, with music phones likely to be in direct competition with stand-alone music players.
Source: Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/ reports/c35416).